Cook Children’s Increases Minimum Wage to $16 Per Hour
Cook Children’s Health Care System announced today it’s raising the minimum wage for its workforce to $16 per hour, up from $13.25.
The new minimum wage takes effect on Oct. 10 and directly impacts approximately 630 employees. This is the second time Cook Children’s has increased its base pay in the past 18 months. In February of 2020, the health care system moved the minimum wage to $13.25 from $11 per hour.
“Our employees are the reason Cook Children’s is such a trusted and beloved organization. Day in and day out, they put their commitment to our Promise above themselves and do whatever it takes to ensure our patients and their families receive the best care possible,” said Rick W. Merrill, president and CEO of Cook Children’s. “This is one of the many ways we aim to recognize their hard work and sacrifices.”
“We’re excited to be able to once again raise our minimum wage,” said Keith Holtz, Chief Administrative Officer. “This decision demonstrates our commitment to attracting top talent, providing a stronger living wage and remaining an employer of choice, as well as a leader in fair and equitable compensation.”
In addition to competitive pay, Cook Children’s also offers the following benefits:
- Robust benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability coverages and more)
- Opportunity to work in a supportive culture and make a difference in the lives of patients and families
- Access to Occupational Health physicians for treatment of certain work-related conditions at no cost to the employee
- Wellness program including complimentary fitness center and access to CareATC locations for primary care and sick visits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent retirement savings plan and company matching
- PTO sellback
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Employee discounts at the Camelot Court, on-campus retail pharmacy, Mirror Mirror Hair & Nail Salon, Build-a-Bear Workshop, and Enchanted Castle Gift Shop
- Advancement opportunities
About Cook Children’s
Cook Children’s Health Care System embraces an inspiring Promise – to improve the health of every child in our region through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, we’re proud of our long and rich tradition of serving our community.
Our not-for-profit organization encompasses nine companies – a medical center, two surgery centers, a physician network, home health services and a health plan. It also includes Child Study Center at Cook Children's, Cook Children's Health Services Inc., and Cook Children's Health Foundation. With more than 60 primary, specialty and urgent care locations throughout Texas, families can access our top-ranked specialty programs and network of services to meet their unique needs.
We’ve worked to improve the health of children from across our primary service area of Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties for more than 100 years. Based on the exceptional care we provide, patients travel to Cook Children’s from around the country and the globe to receive life-saving pediatric care built on leading technology, extraordinary collaboration and the art of caring.
For more information, visit cookchildrens.org.