Cook Children's Urgent Care Locations Making Changes to Accommodate Record Number of Visitors
Due to a record number of patients, the Urgent Care Centers at Cook Children’s are making changes to accommodate our patient families and to ensure that their staff can continue providing excellent care.
Beginning today, the following changes will take place:
- All Cook Children’s Urgent Care Center locations are available for walk-in only. At this time, the UCCs are not taking online check-ins.
- The outlying Cook Children’s Urgent Care locations will close at 9 p.m. and the Fort Worth location will close at midnight.
- Urgent Care Center locations will offer two options for patients.
- One option will strictly be a lab-only visit for those patients that simply need a COVID-19 test but don’t need to be seen for an urgent care visit.
- The other option will be the usual urgent care visit for all other patient needs.
These changes are taking place to keep up with the high demand of recent patient volume. Yesterday, our seven UCC locations saw more than 1,000 patients in one day. Prior to the recent surge in patient volume, the average number of patients seen in one day was about 600.
The Urgent Care Clinics and Cook Children's Emergency Department are seeing a big influx of parents bringing in children who have been exposed to COVID-19 but show no symptoms. Please avoid using the Emergency Department for testing if your child is not showing symptoms. Click here to read more.
COVID-19 Testing LocationsIf you are looking for a COVID-19 testing location near you, the Texas Department of State Health Services has an interactive map on their website complete with locations and contact information. We strongly encourage you to locate a testing site through their website in order to avoid long waits at Cook Children's Urgent Care locations. Visit the state's COVID-19 testing website here.