5 questions to ask when shopping for insurance
What things will you be covered for under your plan?
Shopping for insurance or choosing between plans offered by your employer can be confusing and overwhelming, but if you’re armed with the right questions, you can make wise choices that are best for you and the needs of your family.
To help you through the process, here are five helpful questions to consider as you shop for health insurance:
- Does my plan cover services including my pediatrician, specialty care, urgent care and home health?
- Will I be charged for copayments for my doctor visits?
- Will be charged a deductible or coinsurance for inpatient hospital services, home health or skilled nursing facility services?
- Will eye exams and dental exams be covered?
- Will specific chronic conditions, such as asthma, diabetes and heart conditions, be covered?
And that’s just scratching the surface of questions you should be asking. Learn much more in the “things to know when shopping for insurance” section of www.cookchildrens.org/insurance.